Monday, June 15, 2009

Thing #1 Seven Habits of LLL

In reading the introduction in Thing #1, I found the seven habits of lifelong learners very interesting. I could elaborate on all of them, but how about just the highlights right now? :)

Habit #5: Toolbox
Keeping track of all the wonderful resources I’m acquiring as I work through the activities will be the most challenging for me. I tend to be very organized, but can also reach a point of overload and frustration. I started a spreadsheet of account information. It already has nine entries and this is the first day of class! It's also backed up to a thumb drive in case my computer should by some remote chance, crash. Now I just have to remember to enter accounts as I make them!


Habit #2: Responsibility (accept responsibility for your own learning)
Taking responsibility for my own learning is no problem at all. I am very self-motivated to learn everything possible from 23 Things. Technology is fascinating to me, and I always want more. I tend to be adept at figuring it out also. That should come in handy. Besides that, a legitimate excuse for me to be on the computer “playing” is awesome.


Habit #3: View problems as challenges
While all seven and a half habits are important, #3 rises to the top of my list. It has long been a favorite quote of mine in saying “life happens.” I am a person that can go with the flow as long as I have a little processing time before I’m expected to interact in a given situation. Challenges have been abundant in my life, and I’ve made it my personal goal to see them as positive challenges. It is my desire to continue this mindset through 23 Things. LLL (lifelong learning) - here I come!


7 ½ Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners

Habit 1: Begin with the end in mind
Habit 2: Accept responsibility for your own learning
Habit 3: View problems as challenges
Habit 4: Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner
Habit 5: Create your own learning toolbox
Habit 6: Use technology to your advantage
Habit 7: Teach/mentor others
Habit 7 ½: Play





No comments:

Post a Comment