Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #12 Web 2.0 Tools

For Thing #12 I chose to write about Writeboard. I was introduced to this tool earlier in the course and love using it for keeping up with notes as I go through the activities. I kept notes on Things #4, #5, and #6 on Writeboards. I made a file in my Gmail account for Writeboards and keep the emails with the links to the boards in that folder. It is convenient and easily accessible. Keeping the information online also makes it a lot easier for me to find my notes. They are on Writeboards; I don't have to search my hard drive and try to remember what I titled the file.

Writeboards have potential use in Teaming and Co-Teaching. Time for adequate planning is one of the greatest problems of Co-Teaching. (I co-teach with Kindergarten, First, and Second grades on my campus.) With Writeboards, teachers will merely have to share the link with the team. Everyone can enter their input and all can have access to the information. I plan to try to incorporate Writeboards as part of my planning time with each of my Co-Teaching grade levels.

On a personal level, I can access Writeboards from any computer to take notes for later reference. I only need access to my email and the Writeboard website to record my thoughts as they occur. I don't have to remember to carry a thumb drive around with me to put things on. More importantly, I don't have to remember to remove the thumb drive when I leave any given computer. I'm notorious for leaving my thumb drives in a computer and forgetting them. :)

I commented on Writeboards on misd23things Wiki 20toolreviews page.

"Good Co-Teaching resource for tight planning times. Co-teachers can enter ideas at their convenience and view others' ideas also."

1 comment:

  1. If you like this you're going to love Google Docs when we get to it!

    ReplyDelete