Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #19 Voicethread

Voicethread... What a cool concept!

I looked at a Voicethread by Quentin D'Souza and Rob De Lorenzo that explained voicethreads in a friendly, comprehensible manner. I made notes of other sources they mentioned to investigate later.

Another good voicethread I viewed is The Fay School Library ABC's by First Grade. I found myself on the edge of my seat waiting to see what they came up with for letters like X, Q, K, and V. The kids did a great job in creating the presentation as the culminating activity of their library studies throughout the year.

The examples our illustrious leaders provided for us showed a wide variety of uses for Voicethread. I have to admit, I wasn't sold on the idea at first. I had to look at several examples before uses in my classrooms came to mind.

My students are second language learners in grades Kindergarten through Second Grade. Voicethread will be a handy way to offer reteaching and reinforcement of their language learning without me having to repeat things several times each to different students. My voice appreciates that.

I can see myself creating a voicethread of a difficult concept for my students and having them listen to it. With computers and Internet available in every classroom, Voicethread will be a useful tool for instruction. It will also give students another opportunity to hear English spoken as a role model.

1 comment:

  1. The ABC book was so cute and all students got to participate! Thanks for sharing that! I hadn't seen it.

    ReplyDelete